Wednesday, July 21, 2010

far from perfection

Me and my mom were in Divisoria-168 last sunday and we had this conversation.

Andi: Mama, ang ganda nung shorts! Bili mo ako please? :)
Mama: Yan? Eh pang payat lang yan e.
Andi: E mas payat naman ako kay ate ah?
Mama: Oo nga anak, pero mas maganda naman ang legs ng ate mo.
Andi: Ha? Papanu nangyari yun? Eh puro cellulites nga yung legs niya? (Shocked.)
Mama: Oo nga. pero yung shape ng legs niya. Di katulad ng iyo.
Andi: Huh?
*silence*
Andi: Sige, wag na lang. I get it.

Soo, what did I get? Nagets ko na. Ayaw niya ako bilhan kasi mahiyain ako at dahil sa may keloid ako sa tuhod. Well, since I had that keloid, its like, it gave this THIS BOUNDARY. Yes, I have tried to use shorts and mini skirts before (highschool days) but I end up envy-ing those people I bump in malls that has the most gorgeous legs ever! Those who has no scars, skinny and that were sooo white. From then on, and until now, I haven't used a shorts nor a mini skirt.

Its quite fascinating to see people in plus size to wear ones. Well, my older sister is one of them. She started wearing stuff like that the time she went to PG 2 years ago wherein she said that, "Dun kasi maganda. Walang pakielamanan. Parang kahit mataba, tas gusto mo mag 2 piece (bathing suit) go lang!" Well, that's good for her. For me? No. I guess not.

I may have this not so high self esteem, but then i'm still happy for it. I mean, this made me be reserved for a while. It made me feel more conscious and a little conservative in a way. And that's like a compliment for me. HAHAHA. :))

Yosh. Bayee! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment