Monday, August 2, 2010

You're Irreplaceable

As I was walking from MRT a while ago and was texting VJ, we had this conversation:

ANDI: Kamusta na ang Lola?
VJ: Masama na...

Her lola is currently in the ICU because of Typhoid Fever that she acquired. And due to aging, her body defense is already weak. As I was thinking and being worried about it, suddenly, I thought of Tito Rey. Ate Mandz' father.

We weren't really that close, plush he's not my godfather. But we always spend Christmas and New Year in their house since my Dad and Him are best friends (and cousins). Us (Me and my sisters) are very special for him and his family. They always give us food, gifts, plenty of gifts I mean, and asks us to go out of town or just to swim in their village's pool. Trick or Treat, Christmas, New Year, Ate Mandz' Birthday and even her graduation and Ballet recitals were just few of the occasions that me and my family always attend to. So it was a great shock when he died.

As I have said, we weren't that close. Me and Tito Rey, but I always admire him for his patience, perseverance and kind attitude. Him and his family always thinks of us. Of what school we should be into, what work and just everything. And at that very moment (and even now) I really feel that I miss him. And everytime I think about it, its like I wanna cry. Remembering how my Dad cried (knowing that He never cried for anyone else, even in his parent's death), Ate Mandz' how she really wanted to hug his dad for the last time, Nanang (his mother) how she grieved for his only son and Tita Mila, how she pretended to be very strong for her daughter and for Nanang. Now I really know why he was my dad's best friend.

I just don't understand why God let that happen to him. He was so kind to everyone and not everyone could be like that. I mean, he's even shy to open up things about his daughter and her career because he knows that his daughter would be hurt. He was so patient of us and of my dad.
He was just irreplaceable. His attitude was so irreplaceable for me.

Open Letter to my Uncle

Tito Rey,

I know you're with God already together with Mama Nats and Papa... I don't know why but suddenly, I missed you. Everything has already changed here. I already graduated and Yiel is really tall already. Our Garage is now in Cubao and Nanang is really sad. I know that up to know, she's still grieving and very much hurt. As well as Tita Mila, who up to now, pretends to be very strong. My dad misses you too. As well as your very nice god daughter, Ate Margz. Have fun there and continue to guide us here. You'll always be irreplaceable for me. And I really admire you. Thank You for everything and for the replay shorts that you gave me. Thank You for everything.

Love,
Melissa
THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING TITO REY. YOU'RE ALWAYS REMEMBERED.
P.S. May kurot talaga sa puso ko ito. :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment